BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Things You Will Do For Your Children

One of those things consisted of me hauling my butt out of bed at 4:15 A.M (yes that is am people) on the Friday after Thanksgiving (yes, I said the Friday after Thanksgiving) and heading to the death trap that is know as Wal-Mart! Yes, I did this to purchase a Thomas the Train Roundhouse, which is the only thing the boy has asked for this year for Christmas!

I worked retail for years, so I usually avoid the day after Thanksgiving sales like the plaque! I just find people to generally be a pain in the rear on that day. Yesterday was no different! I couldn't even push my cart through the aisle! It was nuts! Anyway I love my boy, I have the said Thomas set and it only cost me my pride and $15. It will be a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

You are a good mom! I can't believe you aren't suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder after working all those day after thanksgiving at Anthony's! We almost did the day after thanksgiving thing, but decided against it. We went to walmart on Thanksgiving night and the electronics guy said they only had 5 of the advertised tv's. What a bunch of b.s.! So we slept in on Friday morning instead.

Robyn said...

Good call! It was scary! I totally went back to the days of standing from 6am to 11 am in front of a register! LOL It scared me!