BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

UGH, I hate these, nothing like looking back at the end of next year and seeing all the things I failed at doing, but alas once again I am making a few resolutions. I am optimistic this year though I really think these are some things that I can do! So here it goes.

1. First and foremost I am doing The Bible in 90 days. Which is a lofty goal for me considering I was going to go through the bible in a year last year and made it to about March. Which consequently is about 90 days, so I should be good right? I hoping this spurs me on to stay on top of having my quiet time with God. It is something I really need to be better about doing. I am going to try and post some of my observations, each day on here, but we all know how good I am about keeping my blog updated, but I am gonna give it try.

2. Get healthier this year. I hate having to put this goal down every year, the fact is about 2 years ago I lost about 40lbs, which was a drop in the bucket of what I needed to lose, but was a huge accomplishment. I have now gained back a little over 20lbs of what I lost. So, here is to 2010 being the last year I have to put this resolution down.

3. Get my house in order and keep it that way, I am going to do some major purging of junk! Get rid of stuff I am tired of redo a few rooms. I need some projects! Get it clean and keep it that way. I have such a bad habit of when things get out of control I become so overwhelmed I don't know where to start, so I don't! Bad idea! So no more of that this year.

4. Exercise more, not sure what this is going to entail, but for right now just moving my behind more!

5. Have more patience with my kiddos! I love them but man oh man can they push my buttons at times! It won't hurt me to have more patience in general. So, here's to a kinder, gentler Robyn in 2010.

I know there are more things, I hope to accomplish this year, the least of which is figuring out what I want to be when I grow up and going back to school, but just the things that I have written down have got me a bit overwhelmed so I am going to stop there for now! Here's to realizing all my goals in 2010! What's on your list?

3 comments:

amykat said...

I am going to ask you in June how these resolutions are going for you!
I'm more than super excited that we are reading the bible "together" over the next three months.
I have a feeling God's going to do something special in both of us!

...can't remember the exact address - but somewhere in psalms/proverbs - it says "commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.."

So, my friend, commit your resolutions to the Lord, and if it's really something you aim for - He'll get the glory!

Robyn said...

You are so right, cause goodness know I can't do it on my own!! Thanks for the encouragement Amy!

Tasha said...

You have some great resolutions! I know you can do it girl! I'm really enjoying your bible in 90 days posts! It's a nice refresher course for me!